Waroeng Kuok Thung

Forgive me for being blunt, but this restaurant has to revise its recipes once more. None of the food (except kwetiau goreng halilintar) tasted good. I am not the only person who complained, 4 of my companions also agreed that this restaurant has to revise its recipes.

Nasi Ayam Hainan - IDR 35,000
This dish is my biggest disappointment among all. The rice were sticky and it seems like the rice were either over-cooked or were yesterday's leftover. The chicken were too cooked, too. The chicken was supposed to have this oily and wet texture, but what I was served was as dry as the desert! The chicken was not tasty at all. I believed it is supposed to be well-cooked with sesame oil, ginger, and soy sauce. Even though the soup tasted perfect, the chicken and rice has ruined the entire taste of the dish.

Nasi Tom Yam - IDR 35,000
Before I ordered Nasi Tom Yam, I asked the waitress if the chef cooked the sauce or he just poured the sauce out of the sachet you bought at the supermarket. She told me that the chef cooked the sauce. As soon as I taste them, I felt cheated!!! The squids were tasteless, the egg was tasteless, the soup was tasteless (only spicy, not sour, doesn't smell nice too), the meatballs were tasteless, nothing in that tom yum taste good! I regret suggesting my companion to order this food.

Cakue - IDR 10,000
Yiu Ca Kwe -- something your Mom asked you to eat with the chicken porridge whenever you are sick. But this one ain't good. This one was too oily and tasted strange. I think they used too much flour on it. Lookeat the white liquid inside the cakwe. I don't think they are not supposed to be there!

Mie Soup Ayam Kuok Thung - IDR 20,000
It seems that our chef has an endless hatred towards chicken. Another too-dry too-cooked chicken again.

Kwetiau Goreng Halilintar - IDR 25,000
The only food that was acceptable, although I believe the chef was not an expert in cooking this particular dish.

I heard that Waroeng Kuok Thung is under the same management with Kok Tong Kopitiam. I've never been to Kok Tong Kopitiam before...but I hope if I get to visit there, whatever they serve will not disappoint me.

Waroeng Kuok Thung
Jln. Imam Bonjol No.:6
#GF Lippo Mall
Tel.: +62 61 80511199
Medan - North Sumatra - Indonesia

No comments:

Post a Comment