Manna House

One of my favourite cafe for now. From the exterior, this place looked wide and spacious. I have passed this place several times before but not until recently, I finally get to visit there. A cafe with comfortable interior and a barber shop inside!

The barber-shop itself is kind of 1920s American style. It's a regret that I didn't take the picture of the barber shop.


Look at the transparent roof and the glass divider! My first thought when I saw it: one good way to save the electricity bill! Whoever designed this place is genious. The bar inside the cafe didn't make the room became too narrow. In fact, I believe the bar is one of the strongest element of this place.


I really love the interior design of this place. The white wall---the bended steel--the hanging lamp, everything is perfect! Do you see the lady on the right of the picture? I think she is the owner of this place. I saw here teaching the barista how to brew the coffee and she even made some of the drinks. Quite dedicated, don't you agree? Oh, and there was his husband too. Waiting patiently for his wife (sweet!)

This place is really cozy. I could totally sit for hours here (during the day).

Nasi Ayam Rica Rica - IDR 29,000
The chicken was g-r-e-a-t!!! Not too oily, right! And the chilli smelled so good! I was usually skeptical with Chinese-owned cafe which served Indonesian dish, but I guess this place is an exception.

Sayur Asam
This comes with Nasi Ayam Rica Rica. I was quite disappointed because Nasi Ayam Rica-Rica tasted so good but then, the sayur asam was far lower from what I expect. Too much grout on the bottom of the soup. I think it is not wise to serve too much grout to the customers. They are bad for the throat.

Fried Kwtiau Penang - IDR 28,000
Compared to other cafes of the same 'level', this place is quite affordable. I thought the price of the food would be around IDR 40,000 and above but no, they were below that!

Mozarella Stick - IDR 38,000
Totally recommended!!!! My favourite!!!! My kesukaan!!!! My addiction!!!! I could totally eat this everyday!!! 

Fried Mushroom - IDR 22,000
the 'inside' look to the fried mushroom
The fried mushroom is a major disappointment. It tasted strange....I don't feel like eating mushroom at all. The texture is so strange and they put too much salt on it..and flour too. This is not recommended at all.

Overall, this place was great (regardless the taste of the mushroom) even though the servers seems to need a little bit proper training. Their product knowledge is low, but I guess I should not expect too much from a newbie, should I?

Manna House
Jln. Cut Mutia No.:2
Tel.: +62 61 4518620
Medan - North Sumatra - Indonesia

No comments:

Post a Comment