Itcho Sushi

Itadakimass!
As a huge lover of Japanese food, I feel more than happy whenever I find out that there is another upcoming Japanese food restaurant in Medan. One of which I would like to review about is Itcho Sushi. Whenever I came here, I would always choose to sit at the sushi bar. It has this "Japan" aura. Japanese sushi bar usually have lower ceiling. It gives you the feeling of secure, safe, and comfortable. Itcho Sushi has this kind of sushi bar.

Oh, from what I heard from a Korean friend, they also served several Korean dishes  because the owner of this restaurant is a Korean. But mainly simple dishes such as: kimchi and gimbap (with various fillings).

Salmon Belly Sashimi
Salmon Sashimi
The sashimis are my favourite. Especially  salmon belly sashimi. The sashimi was fresh and look at the thick fats! Very, very, yummy!

Salmon Mentai Sushi
Tobikko Sushi

Generous amount of eggs all over the sushi.....this kind of generosity is rare!

Salmon Maki
Crazy Chicken Roll
Tamgo Kani Maki
Something I took from the sushi bar....not recommended. The tamago and maki were both tasteless. I regret taking this food away. I should have just left it on the sushi bar.

The dish above...I have totally forgotten the name but the taste was soooooooo good! I am not kidding nor am I lying to you. You should try it!

The service was quick. It took less than 15 minutes for me to wait for all of the food. That's a brownie point for them. Honestly, I believed this restaurant really took recommendations and feedback from their customers seriously. A few months ago, I angrily left this restaurant because one of the servers made me angry. I told the server that the tobikko on the tobikko sushi that I ordered was stale. I expected her to bring my food for the chef to taste. But instead of doing so, she told me (with stubborn face) that there was no way the food would be stale and I was too picky. I was like, "what the hell? How could you know if the food is stale or not when you haven't tried at all? I was too picky?? Fuck you! I am leaving and I will never ever come back here again!" That was exactly what I told myself (I did not angrily blurt out everything, nor did I swear around, okay!) I was so angry but the captain hurriedly apologized and told me that they will be more careful not to serve stale food to customers next time. So, I kind of let it go.

A few weeks later, I came back and that particular servers served me again. This time, she was very differently. She served me nicely + politely. [[ Nope, there is no way she was so nice because she has spit on my food. I saw the cook prepared my food and then the servers directly served me the dish. So, it is safe! (Thank God!) ]] I was surprise! How could she change from stubborn into friendly in less than 3 months?

Not only her, but all of the other servers (new or old) seems to becoming more friendly. Full of smiles and talked softly + quietly. Previously, they talked like girls who were fighting over one branded handbag which price has been reduced about 90%. Loud, rude, and noisy. It must be either they have received a proper training or they have received warning from their boss. Either one, I don't care! I was really satisfied with the changes!

Itcho Sushi
Jln. Haji Zainul Arifin No.:7 
#3F-B31/35 Sun Plaza
Tel.: +62 61 4501112
Medan - North Sumatra - Indonesia
Mon to Sun: 11am-10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment