Excelso

The truth that this cafe improved so much really amazed me! Previously, this is one of the cafes that I detested the most! Bad services, endless hours of waiting for my drinks to arrive, mixed up orders, and not to mention ignorant servers...those were just a few out of many reasons I hated this restaurant. Once I tweeted about how bad the service was, and I received quite a number of replied from my friends. Apparently, all of them agreed to what I said! This cafe deserved "Worst Cafe of the Year" award.

BUT, all of those happened in the past. Today (and hopefully, till forever) this is one of my most-favourite place to hang-out. I loved all of the food here (except the Nachos. The nachos is good, but I never like nachos.) The service was great and deserved a credit.

Fettuccine with Chicken and Black Pepper Sauce - IDR 59,500
The Chicken and Black Pepper Sauce is very good. Although it is a little bit oily, the chicken tasted good. I think they marinated the chicken with black pepper for a few minutes before cooking it because you could actually felt some pepper in every bite.


Spaghetti Carbonara - IDR 59,500
 I love, love, love, love, love the spaghetti carbonara. I am not a big fan of carbonara (because most of the time, it is too creamy), but Excelso's is an exception.

Fettuccine Carbonara - IDR 59,500

Lemon Butter Dory with Fettucinne - IDR 59,500
This is my MOST FAVOURITE dish. The sauce was a little bit sour but sweet and salty. I don't really know how to describe the taste, but for those who loved lemon, this one is very recommended. They didn't put too much lemon on it so it's not too sour. Some people might complain that the dory fish is too salty, but you can always tell them to reduce the amount of the salt.

Dory en Oats - IDR 59,500
 This dish is rather simple. Fried the dory with oats...but I personally think it is challenging to fry the dory until very, very, crunchy. I would recommend you, dear readers, to try dory en oats with sauteed potatoes. Their sauted potatoes are one of a kind! So far, the best sauteed potatoes I've ever had in Medan.

French Fries with Cheese Sauce
Look at the cheese!
This is by far my must-order dish whenever I eat at Excelso. The french fries is ordinary except they sprinkled minced and chopped parsley (I think) all over the french fries but the sauce itself is why I always ordered this dish. It was sooooo good! 10 out of 10 people, whom I recommend this sauce to, would tell me that this is indeed the best cheese sauce they've ever had! It tastes...unique. I am still trying to figure out the ingredients they used in making this sauce.

Overall, this place is great! Good food, good drink, and good service. A little tip for you, I personally enjoy eating at Excelso in Hermes Place Polonia and Cambridge City Square compared to Sun Plaza and Mall Center Point. Especially Hermes. I think Hermes Place Polonia has the best chef  among all of Excelso outlets in Medan.

De' Excelso
Jln. Haji Zainul Arifin No.:7 
#GF-C18 Sun Plaza
Tel.: +62 61 4501080
Medan - North Sumatra - Indonesia

De'Excelso
Jln. Letjen. S. Parman No.:217 
#GF-P02/P02A Cambridge City Square
Tel.: +62 61 4517720
Medan - North Sumatra - Indonesia

Excelso
Jln. Wolter Monginsidi No.:45
#GF-03 Hermes Place Polonia
Medan - North Sumatra - Indonesia

Excelso
Jln. Jawa No.:1
#LG-13 Mall Center Point
Medan - North Sumatra - Indonesia

No comments:

Post a Comment