Okaeri Japanese Café and Pastry

I have been eager to blog about this café, but for several reasons, I have to delay until today. Anyways, I had just realised that this blog has reached more than 100 views! YAY! Well, in the beginning, I've always wondered if there is anyone who would actually read this blog---you know crappy mobile-phone camera pictures, review in bad English, and who the hell would read this blog when I told no one that I was blogging?

Okay, enough ranting. It seems that lately, I am ranting more often than usual. Maybe it's the hormone. Back to business now! In this review, I would talk about Okaeri-specialized in Japanese food and patisserie.

Nope, sorry, I've totally forgotten the name. BUT the seaweed smelled so good! God I swear I could go back to this restaurant every week if only all of my companions agreed to do so.

Okay, I promise when I go back, I will ask the waiter/waitress/manager the name of the food posted in this post. They were all soooo good! Really, really good! My most favourite menu here is the sashimi.

Salmon skin - very thick and crunchy! Not too oily (I love!)

This is the champion among all. The freshest salmon belly sashimi I've ever had in Medan! The owner of this place is a GENIUS. Do you see the ice under the sashimi? That is what I called genius! The ice will make the sashimi remained cold and fresh. Have you ever order sashimi and when the sashimi arrived at your table, you did not like because they tasted warm in your mouth and somehow made you wondered if the sashimi were not fresh? That was me! And, the ice will cool the sashimi and hence, when you eat, you will feel that "Oh! The sashimi is so fresh!"

The only picture of the cake I could take. Oh well! This is my most favourite cake among all. The cheesecake was good, but remember, Japanese Cheesecake is not as thick as New York Cheesecake. If you are fond of NY Cheesecake, I doubt that you will enjoy Japanese Cheesecake because the texture is not thick and I think they use less cheese while making Japanese Cheesecake.

The good services that I've experienced were beyond words, and I truly admire the manager for being able to manage every employees. It is not an easy thing to do. All of the servers were friendly, even though some of them might need more training regarding the product knowledge. But since this restaurant was still new when I visited here months ago, I think it is forgivable! Even the chef and the manager were so kind towards me. The chef, himself, personally gave me a plate of fresh salmon salad (out of the blue + free of charge + not in the menu). I don't know if any other customers received the same treatment, but that simple gesture really put a big smile on my face.

Out of my curiosity, I decided to google about this restaurant and stumble upon a bad review with a few nasty comments. People always tell me that I am too picky and hard to please, but it is good to know that there were people out there who were more picky and harder to please other than me :P

Okaeri Japanese Café & Pastry
Jln. Kartini No.:26
Tel.: +62 61 4531598
Medan - North Sumatra - Indonesia

No comments:

Post a Comment