Tonkokatsu by Ma Maison

I often passed Tonkokatsu by Ma Maison (or simply known as Tonkokatsu Ma Maison) whenever I went to Mandarin Gallery, but I've never tried eating there before. Even when I think of having breakfast/ lunch/ dinner at Mandarin Gallery, I will either go to Wild Honey or Ippudo. Mostly Ippudo (confession). You know typical Medan lang (read: people from Medan), if you visit Mandarin Gallery, you should eat at Ippudo.

But, after several persuasions from my companions, I finally agreed to try this well-known katsu. After I tried, I swear to you all, this is indeed one of the BEST katsu I've ever had! I was in awe...surprised, amazed, wondered...whatever you called it!



If you look closely to the pictures, you could see that the bowl of rice were consist of brown rice and white rice. I was reluctant to order whole brown rice because I was afraid that the rice would be sticky and dry (like what I've experienced before, but not at this restaurant), but this one was good!'


The only two pictures I could took :( there were supposed to be a lot more, but thanks to the hungry mouths, they were all gone as soon as they were served and before I could took the pictures.

There were also cheese inside the katsu. Additional point for this restaurant. This restaurant was usually crowded...I was quite lucky when I visited there. It was around 6:30 pm but I only need to wait for about 2 minutes. But after 7 pm, you have to queue for at least 30 minutes. So, I advised you to come here before 7 pm.

Oh, have I mentioned that you can add as many rice and as many salad as you want for free? Yes, they were free-of-charge!

Tonkatsu by Ma Maison
333A Orchard Road
#02-35/36 Mandarin Gallery
Tel.: +65 67334541
Mon to Fri: 11am–3pm, 5pm–10pm
Sat, Sun, and PH: 11am–10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment