Osteria & Pizzeria Mozza by Mario Batali

Will you believe me if I told you that I came to this restaurant thrice and during all of my attempts to get a table in this restaurant, I was told to wait for at least 3 hours? Thankfully, at my third attempt, I only had to wait for 2 hours. From 6 pm to 8 pm. Will you believe me if I told you that after I've finished my dinner (around 11 pm), there was still a long queue in front of the restaurant?

I was telling you the truth. Located at the B1 floor of Marina Bay Sands, this restaurant is always crowded (weekdays and weekends). It was always difficult to get a table during weekend, and you have to reserve at least one week in advance.

As you arrived at this restaurant, you will notice that the restaurant was divided into two parts: Osteria Mozza and Pizzeria Mozza. I was lucky enough to get a table at Pizzeria Mozza after queuing for 2 hours because if I wanted to get a table at Osteria Mozza, I have to queue for about 3 hours. CRAZY!

The thing is that the menu on Pizzeria and Osteria are different. During my visit (crazy weekend), my server told me that we are not allowed to order food from Osteria because we were sitting at Pizzeria (I don't know if the same policy was applied on weekdays or non-busy hours).

Chicken Wings alla Diavolo - SGD 18
One piece of chicken per person, because our stomach is a bottomless pit hole. Chicken Wings alla Diavolo was very good. The skin was thick and tasty, while the meat was juicy. It was well-roasted and every single bite of it will makes you feel like heaven. One piece of chicken per person was not enough.

Bacon, Salami, Fennel Sausage, Pancetta, Tomato & Mozzarella - SGD 37
I loved how every unique ingredients (pardon my French!) can be put together perfectly! All of the food are fresh and good-quality.

Pizza alla Benno: Speck, Pineapple, Jalapeño, Mozzarella & Tomato - SGD 35

Some of the pizzas that we ordered. All of the pizzas have unique flavour, mainly because I was get used to Pizza Hut's pizzas. This is what they called "authentic Italian pizza". The bacon was so soft but tasty. The chefs put generous amount of cheese on the pizzas. Not only cheese, but other ingredients as well. The crust were thick and the meat were thick. Overall, I was very satisfied with what were served.

Calamari al Forno with Fagioli & Oregano - SGD 18
The best calamari I've ever had. We ordered 3 portions because it was too delicious to eat only a small bit. Like I said, every single bite of food will make you feel in cloud nine!

Prosciutto di Parma & Bufala Mozzarella - SGD 32
Prosciutto di Parma & Bufala Mozzarella OR in short: bacon with mozzarella cheese. The cheese was FATTENING but the taste is worth the pain I will have to endure (guilty pleasure). Look at the amount of the bacon and the two big scoops of mozzarella cheese!

Nancy's Chopped Salad - SGD 20
A lot of people told me this place served the best Pizza in Singapore. So far, I've tried only a few pizzeria, but I think I couldn't agree more.

Currently, Daniel Boulud's DB Bistro and Mario Batali's Mozza are the only restaurants in Marina Bay Sands where you can enjoy eating in a celebrity chef restaurant without burning a hole in your pocket. In fact, dining in this restaurant did burned a hole in my pocket if I had to convert each SGD to IDR, but the food themselves were worth every single cent.

After trying this restaurant, a friend told me that there's Jamie's Italian in Vivocity. I was like "okay, I will try Jamie's Italian next time and compared it to Mozza and see, which celebrity chef served the better Italian cuisine." Just in case if any of you wondered, Jamie's Italian belongs to Jamie Oliver (James Trevor Oliver). He is a British celebrity chef, cooking show host (my favourite shows are Oliver's Twist, Jamie's 15-Minutes Meals), restaurateur, and cook book author.

Osteria & Pizzeria Mozza
2 Bayfront Ave
#B1-42/46 The Shoppes @ Marina Bay Sands
Tel.: +65 66888522
Singapore

Website: http://www.osteriamozza.com/ and  http://pizzeriamozza.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment