Tai Hwa Pork Noodle

The first time I heard about this place was many years ago. Most of the time, people would refer to this place as "Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodle" or "Hill Street Pork Noodle" because this stall was once located at Hill Street. It is now located at Crawford Lane. I don't know how to go to this place via bus (I used to prefer to travel via MRT because it was faster but I told myself to travel around Singapore more often by bus on my next visit to enjoy the scenery) because usually, I went here via taxi or somebody drop me off at the very entrance of the building. Typical Indonesian motto or slogan: "lazy to walk then hail for a cab lor!" According to google map, this place is near EW11 Lavender MRT and also there is a bus stop at North Bridge Road (around 5-10 minutes walk). For better direction, please refer to google map or this link (here).

Don't, don't, don't, be skeptical when you saw the old and run-down building. A lot of places in Singapore which served good local food was located in the old building. Being skeptical is not good. This place is one of my must-eat whenever I am in Singapore. They served really good bak chor mee (pork noodle).

There are two kinds of noolde here: dry or soup noodle. I personally prefer soup noodle because I love the taste of the rich soup broth (being cooked with large pork bones) which was less oily compared to the dry noodle (being poured with pork oil). The amount of meat are a lot and normally, I would not recommend this place to people who dislike oily and meaty food, but this place is an exception. The meat they used are not oily, the texture was rough. I personally prefer meat with more fats but this stall is an exception.


A little tip for you: PLEASE ARRIVE AT THIS PLACE AROUND 11:30AM IF YOU DON'T WANT TO QUEUE FOR AT LEAST 45 MINUTES!

Once, I arrived at the very doorstep of Tai Hwa Pork Noodle around 12:03PM and I have to queue for around 1 hour 15 minutes. Can you believe that?!! My companions and I took turn in queueing. It was tiring but worth the wait. Besides of the pork noodle, the gyoza (third stall from Tai Hwa) and chicken steak (two stall from Tai Hwa) were good too but unfortunately, I don't have the pictures :( I will take the pictures on my next visit.

Blk 466 Crawford Lane #01-12
Tel.: +65 62927477
Mon to Sun: 9.30am - 9pm
Closed on 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month
Singapore, 190465

No comments:

Post a Comment