Pepper Lunch

Sizzlin' Cookin'! Whenever I asked people what they ordered at Pepper Lunch, most of them will tell me: blablabla Rice with blablabla. Well, actually that's not quite true. Everyone that I asked answered blablabla Rice with blablabla. As always, as yours truly is an anti-mainstream (just kidding), hence, I prefered pasta.

Anyway, before you start reading, you should know that the food below was purchased with coupons except for the drinks. I felt that the amount of the meat was not generous. In fact, too little! But I will order the same food again in the future without coupons for comparison. Just because I am curious.

Beef and Salmon Pepper Rice
Beef and Salmon Pepper Rice was ordered by my friend. I would prefer more amount of salmon and beef. Just look at the picture above.

Honestly, I don't consume ordinary beef/ mutton because I was allergic to them. My throat would swell if I consume beef or mutton or food that contain either beef or mutton. Except good beef. My throat never swelled whenever I consumed Wagyu or Kobe or Matsukasa. Not that I was saying that ordinary beef was no good to me, no! I had tried them several times before and I absolutely loved them. But, what can I say? This body constantly rejects le beef. But for mutton, I hate mutton. Period.

Seafood Aglio Olio
I love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love the olive oil which was separated from the pasta but I spread them around the hot metal plate. And the result? Yum, yum, yum! Finger-licking good! Some said that the pasta needs more seasoning. But, stop comparing this pasta with the pasta you had in cafes/ restaurants. The main goal of Pepper Lunch is to serve fast food. Hence, it took lesser time to prepare the food. To me, the pasta was purr-fect for fast-food category. If this is a cafe/ restaurant, I would have written an essay full of complaints.

I tried the ice cream that I avoided (due to the amount of fats) too because it was included in the coupon. There were three flavours for the ice cream: chocolate, matcha, and (I don't remember). This is how the ice cream was supposed to look like:
Eww...nuts!
 And...this is how I prefer my ice cream:
YUMZZZ!!!

Anyway, do any of you guys know that PHP means? I bet any Indonesians who are reading this blog know what PHP means. Yes, Pemberi Harapan Palsu (read: the giver of fake hope). Want a good example? The ice cream above!

Judging from the appearance, it looked full and many. I was very happy but worried that I might not be able to finish them. As soon as I dug in, I found out that the inner part was empty. It broke my teeny-weeny heart a little.

Hole in the middle
The overall was good. I personally think it didn't differ much with the one in Singapore. I don't really recommend the wagyu. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. Once I ordered the wagyu and it tasted so heavenly that I decided to go back and ordered wagyu again, but the wagyu was disappointment. For the salmon, sometimes it stinks (although this rarely happens). I would suggest you to order chicken (for safe bet) or salmon or both, but umm...not the beef.

Personally, I would suggest anyone who wanted to eat wagyu to buy the meat and cook by yourself. The wagyu will usually taste better, juicier, tenderer, and softer. I had no idea where to buy Wagyu meat at Medan (if any of you know, do let me know), but I know where you can get it at Singapore. Although you can get them at Fair Price, I prefer to buy them at Huber's Butcher (with a small bistro) or Culina (serves as restaurant too). Both of them were located at Dempsey Road and it took around 5-8 minutes walking from one to another. Wagyu at Fair Price usually don't really look good. Colour is not appealing. Some friends told me that you could get some good wagyu at Zac Meat (red line and around 10 stops from Orchard MRT) or Angliss (way too far *sniff*), They said the wagyu was good and thick and stuffs, but for safe bet, I prefer to stick to Huber's or Culina (because they are too pricey)!

Pepper Lunch
Jln. Letjen. S. Parman No.:217 
#LG-B02 Cambridge City Square
Tel.: +62 61 4521810
Medan - North Sumatra - Indonesia

Pepper Lunch
Jln. Jawa No.:1
#LG-20 Mal Center Point
Tel.: +62 61 80501749 / 80501750
Medan - North Sumatra - Indonesia

Pepper Lunch
Jln. Setia Budi Indah II Ring Road Blok:XI No.:24 
#GF Medan Focal Point
Tel.: +62 61 
Medan - North Sumatra - Indonesia

No comments:

Post a Comment